Exotic Phases With Bose-Einstein Condensates
Over the past few years, ultracold atomic quantum gases were used to experimentally prove that one can extract the equation of state of Bose and Fermi systems, map out phase diagrams, detect quantum critical behavior, realize new forms of strongly-correlated fermionic superfluids, and determine localization in disordered systems even in the presence of interactions, giving experimental support to the now popular field of many-body localization. We look for exotic phases that can be realized with experiments with Bose-Einstein condensates, such as supersolids, superfluid droplets.
1) A. Cappellaro, T. Macrì, and L. Salasnich, Collective modes across the soliton- droplet crossover in binary Bose mixtures, Phys. Rev. A 97, 053623 (2018).
2) A. Cidrim, F. E. A. dos Santos, E. A. L. Henn, T. Macrì, Vortices in self-bound dipolar droplets, Phys. Rev. A 98 023618 (2018).
3) A. Cappellaro, T. Macrì, G. F. Bertacco and L. Salasnich, Equation of state and self-bound droplet in Rabi-coupled Bose mixtures, Scientific Reports 7, 13358 (2017).
4) F. Cinti, A. Cappellaro, L. Salasnich and T. Macrì, Superfluid filaments of dipolar bosons in free space, Phys. Rev. Lett. 119, 215302 (2017).
5) T. Macrì, F. Cinti, Many-body physics of low-density dipolar bosons in box potentials, Condens. Matter, 4(1), 17 (2019). Special Issue on Fluctuations and Highly Non-linear Phenomena in Superfluids and Superconductors.
6) F. Cinti, T. Macrì, Thermal and quantum fluctuations effects in quasiperiodic systems in external potentials, Condens. Matter, 4(4), 93 (2019). Special Issue on Fluctuations and Highly Non-linear Phenomena in Superfluids and Superconductors.
7) T. Macrì, Quantized vortex lines in BECs with a generalized equation of state, Springer as a Special Issue on Strongly Coupled Field Theories for Condensed Matter and Quantum Information Theory (2020) - "Springer Proceedings in Physics" (ISBN 978-3-030-35473-2).
8) Y. Pará, G. Palumbo, T. Macrì, Probing non-Hermitian phase transitions in curved space via quench dynamics. arXiv:2012.07909 (2020).
8) M. Iori, T. Macrì, A. Trombettoni, Thermodynamic properties of ultracold Fermi gases across the BCS-BEC crossover and the Bertsch problem, to appear as a chapter of the Springer conference proceedings ’Mathematical Challenges of Zero-Range Physics: rigorous results and open problems', (2021).
8) A. Cidrim, L. Salasnich, T. Macrì, Soliton trains after interaction quenches in Bose mixtures. New Journal of Physics, Volume 23, February 2021.