Strongly Interacting Many-Body Systems
The realization and the control of long range interactions with atomic systems at very low temperatures opened up a whole new realm of many-body physics that has become a central focus of research.
Atomic systems with long-range interactions can be realized with Rydberg atoms, magnetic atoms and polar molecules. Nowadays they find applications to the simulation of quantum phases of matter, metrology, quantum communication and information. Our objective is the study of these platforms in connection to current experiments.
1) H. Labuhn, D. Barredo, S. Ravets, S. de Léseléuc, T. Macrì, T. Lahaye, A. Browaeys, Tunable two-dimensional arrays of single Rydberg atoms for realizing quan- tum Ising models, Nature 534, 667(2016).
2) J. Zeiher, P. Schauß, S. Hild, T. Macrì, I. Bloch and C. Gross, Microscopy of a scalable superatom, Phys. Rev. X 5 031015 (2015).
3) P. Schauß, J. Zeiher, T. Fukuhara, S. Hild, M. Chenau, T. Macrì, T. Pohl, I. Bloch, C. Gross, Crystallization in Ising quantum magnets, Science 347, 6229 pp. 1455-1458 (2015).
4) G. Gori, T. Macrì and A. Trombettoni, Modulational instabilities in lattices with power-law hoppings and interactions, Phys. Rev. E 87, 032905 (2013).
5) K. Macieszczak, E. Levi, T. Macrì, I. Lesanovsky, J. P. Garrahan, Coherence, entanglement and quantumness in closed and open systems with conserved charge, with an application to many-body localisation, Phys. Rev. A 99, 052354 (2019).
6) S. M. Giampaolo, T. Macrì, Entanglement, holonomic constraints, and the quantization of fundamental interactions, Scientific Reports 9, 11362. (2019).
7) S. Hermes, T. J. G. Apollaro, S. Paganelli, T. Macrì, Dimensionality-enhanced quantum state transfer in long-range interacting spin systems, Phys. Rev. A 101, 053607 (2020).
8) D. P. Pires, A. Smerzi, T. Macrì, Relating relative Rényi entropies and Wigner-Yanase-Dyson skew information to generalized multiple quantum coherences, Phys. Rev. A 102, 012429 (2020).
9) D. P. Pires, K. Modi, L. C. Céleri, Bounding generalized relative entropies: non-asymptotic quantum speed limits. Phys. Rev. E 103, 032105 (2021).